Digital PreDistortion (DPD) is a high performance linearization technology for enhancing the power efficiency of RF power amplifiers.
FlexDPD is a complete, adaptive digital predistortion sub-system that is customisable and independent of the target device vendor hence it can be built for any FPGA/SoC or ASIC platform.
- Vendor independent: compiled for your preferred FPGA or silicon vendor.
- Scalable: resource optimisation for bandwidth, performance and multiple antennae/MIMO.
- Affordable: licensing terms to suit your business and roadmap.
- Supported: your success with FlexDPD is our core business.
- Accessible: an evaluation platform is available, contact us for details.
It is supplied with:
- Comprehensive documentation.
- Integration support tools.
- Support from highly experienced radio systems engineers.
Technically advanced, our FlexDPD linearization technology offers the following benefits:
- Improves efficiency by enabling amplifier operation in its non-linear region.
- Amplifier distortion reductions of > 45 dB have been attained.
- Enables multi-carrier operation.
- Automatic compensation for power amplifier memory effect.
- Automatic compensation for Tx or observation path AQM imperfections.
- Adapts to changing amplifier characteristics with age and temperature.
- Agnostic to transistor technology (e.g. LDMOS, GaAs, GaN) and amplifier topology (e.g. class A/B, Doherty).
- Agnostic to the communications standard: works with multi-carrier FDD, TDD, 2/3/4/5G, DVB-T, BGAN, DVB-S2X and many others.
- Low target resource footprint.
- Compatible with technologies such as Crest Factor Reduction (CFR) and envelope tracking.
The following clip illustrates Systems4Silicon's DPD achieving better than -70 dBc ACPR for a 100W APCO P25 Phase2 system.