How We Work
At Systems4Silicon we strive to tailor our services to your requirements. We will work with you to define an agreed program of work and schedules. We can work with you in a number of different ways.
- Fixed price – for well-defined work packages.
- Time and materials – where work packages are less well defined or the future direction is gated upon the outcomes of earlier phases
A mixture of the two is possible, for example Time and Materials in early stages followed by fixed price when the project is better defined.
Our engineers can work:
- On-Site – typically as part of one of your teams.
- Off-Site – remote using Systems4Silicon facilities.
Systems4Silicon employs the following values in its dealings with customers and employees:
- Honesty and integrity.
- Good communication.
- A belief in process driven engineering.
We believe that through good communication, misunderstandings can be avoided. If communicated early, problems can be dealt with professionally without causing last minute surprises.
We will work according to your methods of working and quality systems. With considerable experience of implementing and working within ISO9001 quality systems, we believe that having clearly defined engineering processes improves quality and ultimately reduces cost and timescales (for example by avoiding rework).
At its Bristol laboratory, Systems4Silicon is able to carry out prototype hardware development and RF performance measurements.
Systems4Silicon’s secure IT network provides a number of facilities:
- Windows or Linux based working environments.
- Remote access logins for clients via secure VPN.
- Daily back-ups with offsite storage protected on encrypted hardware.
- Configuration control management.
- Bug and issue tracking.
These facilities can be shared with clients to allow joint working; alternatively Systems4Silicon engineers can work using your facilities either on-site or by remote access.