Digital Predistortion (DPD) is a high performance technology for the efficient linearisation of RF power amplifiers. Systems4Silicon has customisable IP in Digital Predistortion which can be targeted at customer FPGA or ASIC platforms. It is supplied with comprehensive reference documentation and supported by experienced engineers from our design services business.
The Systems4Silicon DPD solution provides significant advantages over vendor tied solutions such as ASSP:
- Target agnostic – compiled for your preferred FPGA or silicon vendor.
- Scalable – readily adapted for bandwidth, performance and multiple antennae.
- Flexible licensing terms to suit your business and roadmap.
Technically capable, our DPD technology offers the following benefits:
- Improves efficiency by allowing amplifier operation in its non-linear region.
- Reduces amplifier distortion allowing multi-carrier operation for standards with the most demanding specifications.
- Includes compensations for power amplifier memory effect and linear system non-idealities.
- Automatically adapts to changing amplifier characteristics (for example with age and temperature).
- Agnostic to transistor technology (e.g. LDMOS, GaAs, GaN) and amplifier topology (e.g. class A/B, Doherty).
- Agnostic to the communications standard - works with multi-carrier FDD, TDD, CDMA, OFDM etc.
- Low target resource footprint.
- Complementary to techniques such as envelope tracking allowing very high efficiency, high performance systems.