Digital Predistortion (DPD) is a high performance technology for enhancing the power efficiency of RF power amplifiers. Systems4Silicon supplies IP for a complete Digital Predistortion sub-system that is customisable and independent of the target device vendor hence it may be built for any FPGA/SoC or ASIC platform. It is supplied with comprehensive reference documentation and supported by experienced engineers from our design services business.
The Systems4Silicon DPD solution provides significant advantages over vendor tied solutions such as those available from some FPGA and wireless chipset suppliers:
- Vendor independent – compiled for your preferred FPGA or silicon vendor.
- Scalable – resource optimisation for bandwidth, performance and multiple antennae/MIMO.
- Flexible licensing terms to suit your business and roadmap.
Technically advanced, our DPD technology offers the following benefits:
- Improves efficiency by allowing amplifier operation in its non-linear region.
- Reduces amplifier distortion by up to 30 dB or more.
- Enables multi-carrier operation.
- Automatic compensation for power amplifier memory effect and linear system non-idealities.
- Adapts to changing amplifier characteristics with age and temperature.
- Agnostic to transistor technology (e.g. LDMOS, GaAs, GaN) and amplifier topology (e.g. class A/B, Doherty).
- Agnostic to the communications standard - works with multi-carrier FDD, TDD, CDMA, OFDM etc.
- Low target resource footprint.
- Compatible with technologies such as Crest Factor Reduction (CFR) and envelope tracking.